Special Note: Program access is activated 24 hrs. (excl. weekends) after payment.
As the global Internet population continues to grow, electronic commerce is growing as well. By the end of 2015, e-commerce is expected to generate over $400 billion annually. This huge market encompasses traditional e-commerce, as well as m-commerce (which is growing faster than any other sector) and location-based e-commerce.
This program will teach entrepreneurs how to develop, market, and manage an e-commerce business, giving them a crucial advantage in today’s competitive market.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Describe what the terms e-commerce and m-commerce mean
- Develop an e-commerce business plan
- Evaluate e-commerce software options
- Build an online store with product pages, supporting features, a shopping cart, and an effective checkout process
- Test, launch, and update your e-commerce site
- Design engaging, responsive web content
- Understand e-commerce payment options and choose appropriate options for your site
- Use appropriate tools to track key e-commerce metrics
- Identify and optimize supporting e-commerce activities, such as customer service, sales, and inventory management
- Create a marketing plan with all the essential elements
- Market your online store using social media and other appropriate channels
- Use discounts and promotions to market your e-commerce business
- Understand what security and privacy issues face e-commerce businesses and handle customers’ information accordingly
- Protect your intellectual property
- Identify the rules and regulations that will govern your e-commerce businesses