Special Note: Program access is activated 24 hrs. (excl. weekends) after payment.
Marijuana is one of the most commonly used mind-altering substances in the world. As more jurisdictions consider tolerating, decriminalizing, or even legalizing the recreational use of marijuana, and as more people are granted licenses for the medicinal use of the drug, the greater is the likelihood that marijuana use will impact any individual workplace. Employees under the influence of marijuana can create a host of workplace issues, from decreased productivity to safety hazards. The best approach for an employer is to be proactive – to have a plan in place for preventing problems and responding to them if, and when, they occur.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what marijuana and other forms of cannabis are and how they are used
- Understand how marijuana use affects a person physically, cognitively, and behaviorally
- Recognize the signs of marijuana impairment
- Define the potential issues marijuana use creates in the workplace
- Understand the legal rights of employers and employees with regards to cannabis use in the workplace
- Respond to incidents of suspected marijuana use in the workplace
- Develop a proactive workplace drug and alcohol policy