Special Note: Program access is activated 24 hrs. (excl. weekends) after payment.
This course aims to provide an understanding of the supervisor’s role in organizational health and safety. It will explore the requirements of due diligence, the rights of workers, supervisor and worker health and safety requirements, employee competency, and the role of Health and Safety Committees. The course will also look at the supervisor’s roles in hazard identification and control, accident reporting and investigation, and the importance of communicating health and safety information.
This course will highlight the most important aspects of the supervisor’s role so that they can participate effectively in health and safety responsibilities and work towards the continual improvement of health and safety performance in their organization.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the employer’s responsibility to display due diligence for organizational health and safety
- Know and understand the three rights of workers
- Identify the responsibilities and roles of supervisors and workers in organizational health and safety
- Realize the role of the Health and Safety Committee in organizational health and safety
- Identify the responsibilities of supervisors and workers in hazard identification, assessment and control, safety and health inspections, and accident reporting and investigation
- Create an employee orientation checklist
- List the necessary health and safety training for employees
- Understand the importance of communicating health and safety information