Building an Online Business
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
The Internet has changed the way that we work, live, shop, and play. You can take advantage of this new way of doing business whether you want to set up a part-time venture or create the next million-dollar enterprise. This one-day course will give you everything that you need to build a successful online business.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants:
- Define what an online business is
- Identify opportunities for an online business
- Find resources to support your business
- Create a business strategy that includes a business plan, budget, and marketing plan
- Begin setting up a website, mobile presence, and storefront with e-commerce support
- Decide whether or not your online business can benefit from joining an online marketplace
- Market your online business using social media and the Internet
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
How Online Businesses Can Benefit You
More businesses are looking to the Internet as a marketplace for their services and goods. In this session, students get a look at the evolution of shopping and why an online business could be the right move for an entrepreneur.
Laying the Groundwork
If you’ve got an idea for an online business, you’ve come to the right place. This session provides your students with a look at the process of developing a business idea.
Creating a Business Plan
Regardless of what type of online business you are considering, it needs a business plan. Students will learn here about the key components of a good business plan and resources to use. It also provides a sample business plan to help illustrate the point.
Breaking Down the Plan
There are some elements in a business plan that require close attention and thought, especially in the marketing and finance sections. This session provides students with a close look at those sections and also discusses how to make use of crowdfunding to raise money for your business.
Building Your Online Business
With your plan ready to go, the next step is putting together the basic elements of your online business. This session gives students lessons in the elements, such as brand presence and office space, while also delving into websites, e-commerce options, mobile strategies, social media, as well as online marketplaces.
Internet Marketing Basics
Marketing will help drive your online business to success, so don’t overlook it. There are several options on social media to market your students’ businesses and they are discussed in this session. Touched upon here is the use of blogs, plus some tips for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube, and show you some businesses that are using these platforms successfully.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.