Bullying in the Workplace
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
Bullying is called the silent epidemic. Although half of workers have experienced or witnessed bullying, policies and laws dealing with it are far less prevalent. This is, in part, because bullying can be hard to identify and address. People wonder, what does bullying look like? How can we discourage it in our workplace? What can I do to protect my staff and co-workers?
Specific learning objectives include:
- Define what bullying is and is not
- Understand the costs of bullying to people and organizations
- Identify bullying behaviors and the reasons behind them
- Know some ways to prevent bullying and understand what role you can play
- Know some ways to protect yourself from bullying
- Know what to do if you are bullied
- Identify appropriate solutions for a bullying incident (within and outside the organization)
- Assist in creating an anti-bullying policy
To start, you will make sure that participants are all on the same page when it comes to talking about bullying. We will also provide some statistics from the Workplace Bullying Institute’s 2010 survey.
Why Bullies Do What They Do
This session will explore the origins of bullying behavior and explore what it can look like. Various types of bullying will also be defined.
Building a Shield Against Bullies
This session will give participants four tools to protect themselves against bullying. Participants will also learn about distorted thinking.
What to Do If It Happens to You
Next, participants will learn short-term and long-term strategies for coping with and addressing bullying.
What to Do If You Witness Bullying
Sadly, many people who witness bullying don’t do anything. This session will explore why and give participants some things to do if they witness bullying.
Creating an Anti-Bullying Workplace
In this session, participants will learn about the key parts to an anti-bullying policy, as well as how to enforce and monitor it. Participants will also work on an action plan for their workplace.
The Law on Bullying
To conclude the course, participants will look at anti-bullying laws around the world.