Conquering Your Fear of Speaking in Public
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
Do you get nervous when presenting at company meetings? Do you find it hard to make conversation at gatherings and social events? Do you lock up in awkward social situations? If so, this one-day workshop is just for you! It’s aimed at anybody who wants to improve their speaking skills in informal situations. We’ll give you the confidence and the skills to interact with others, to speak in informal situations, and to present in front of small groups.
During this workshop, participants will learn to:
- Speak with more confidence in one-on-one conversations
- Feel more confident speaking socially or small groups such as meetings
- Practice developing these skills in a safe and supportive setting
Good Communication Skills
To begin, participants will share communication opportunities that they feel they have missed in the past few weeks. Then, participants will explore barriers to communication and possible solutions.
This session will look at two key interpersonal skills: asking questions and listening.
Getting Comfortable in Conversation
Next, participants will learn about and practice the four levels of conversation.
This session will wrap up everything participants have learned so far into one exercise.
Re-Designing Yourself for Strength
During this session, participants will learn about the seven components of a good speaker.
This session will focus on presenting a professional image.
Next, participants will discuss fifteen ways to make the most of meetings.
This session will give participants an opportunity to identify situations that they have difficulty with and to brainstorm some solutions.
During this session, participants will learn some ways to control physical and mental nervousness.
Tell Me a Story
To wrap up the day, participants will make a small, impromptu presentation.