Continuous Improvement With Lean
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
Companies everywhere, no matter what their industry, can benefit from the principles of continuous improvement with Lean. Whether they adopt a very formal process or commit to something less structured, they can follow its principles and improve their bottom line by reducing wasted time and resources.
This course is designed for learners who have completed the pre-requisite Lean Process Improvement course, and perhaps have been involved in implementation of its principles in their workplace. It is the ideal next step along the path of learning and creating a workplace culture committed to continuous improvement.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Describe what continuous improvement with Lean is all about
- Explain the concepts of the continuous improvement cycle: Identify, Plan, Execute, and Review
- Apply Lean continuous improvement concepts to a case study
- Present ideas for continuous improvement
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Defining Continuous Improvement
To begin the course, participants will learn what continuous improvement is all about. They will also review the pre-assignment.
Stage One – Identify Areas for Improvement
This session covers the first stage of the continuous improvement cycle: Identify.
Stage Two – Create a Plan for Improvement
This session covers the second stage of the continuous improvement cycle: Plan. Participants will also consider how they might plan to improve their own workplace.
Stage Three – Implement the Changes
This session covers the third stage of the continuous improvement cycle: Execute.
Stage Four – Review the Impact
This session covers the final stage of the continuous improvement cycle: Review. Sustainability measures will also be discussed.
To wrap up the course, participants will complete an in-depth case study to help a fictional event planning company streamline operations in preparation for a big project.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.