Creating a Dynamite Job Portfolio
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
The job market continues to change, as does the way we look for work. This course examines the value of presenting yourself as a complete package by using a resume as an introduction to an employer and backing it up with a portfolio presented at the interview.
In order to make the most of this course, participants need to have recently completed the Getting Your Job Search Started course, or identified target positions and completed a full skills assessment and goal setting exercise.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Speak about themselves using descriptive language.
- Apply the essential elements of cover letters and resumes.
- Understand the need for pre-employment testing and what to expect in their target market.
- Design a personalized portfolio.
- Develop a plan that moves them to a new job within 60 days.
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Who are You?
To begin the day, participants will review their strengths and skills and how to use language to sell themselves.
Writing the Resume
This session will give participants some guidelines to help them produce a brilliant resume.
Creating a Noticeable Package
Next, participants will look at different resume formats for different purposes. They will also look at how to make branding work for them.
During this session, participants will learn how to create an attention-grabbing cover letter.
Getting into the Flow
To wrap up the morning, participants will have half an hour of writing time.
This session will show participants how to present their skills in a portfolio format.
Dealing with Awkward Points
Next, participants will learn how to address absences from the workplace, including job hopping, parental leave, being fired, and incarceration.
Getting to a New Job in 60 Days
This session will give participants a 60-day plan to get them to a new job.
During this session, participants will learn who they should ask to be a reference and how they should ask them.
To conclude the day, participants will learn about an important but often overlooked aspect of the job search: the thank you note.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.