Creating a Positive Work Environment
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
Not all of us have had the opportunity to work in a truly positive work environment. A positive work environment is important for the productivity of a company but it is also important to us personally. Our emotional and physical health can be improved by working in a positive work environment. We should wake up each morning wanting to go to work – not trying to think of excuses to not go.
We want to be proud of where we work and enjoy telling others about where we work. As an employee or a leader within a company you have a responsibility to create and maintain a positive work environment. Everyone has a responsibility to create and maintain a positive work environment. Even if this is not a companywide reality you can seek to provide this type of environment for your department/ division or those within your sphere of influence.
This one-day course will give you tools to be able to create the type of company environment that you crave through building and nurturing effective workplace relationships.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants:
- Recognize what a positive workplace looks like
- Know and understand the key elements necessary to create and maintain a positive work environment
- Understand as an employee what you can to do personally to create and maintain a positive work environment
- Understand as a leader the responsibility you have to create and maintain a positive work environment
- Discover what type of team player you are and how that relates to your functioning in the team
- Know the importance of effective workplace relationships in creating and maintaining a positive work environment
- Know and understand the importance of working as a team and guidelines to good teamwork
- Discover your personal strengths and weaknesses in working cooperatively
- Discover your preference for dealing with workplace conflict
- Learn and practice various methods to deal with workplace problems
- Learn some of the common meeting problems to how make your meetings more positive and effective.
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
What Does a Positive Environment Look Like?
Those lucky enough to work in a positive environment know what aspects it incorporates. For the others, this session will introduce those characteristics such as open communication, work-life balance, and training and development.
What Can I Do?
It is truly incumbent upon everyone in a workplace to instill a positive attitude. Granted, some have more impact than others and this session will show your students how to create a positive environment as an employee or as a leader.
The actions of the one can affect the attitude and environment of many or the few. Therefore, in this session, students are show how to be a team player and the accompanying responsibilities.
Effective Workplace Relationships
This two-part session looks at the key topic of effective workplace relationships. Covered here are teams, working cooperatively, managing conflict, self-assessment, preventing problems, dealing with problems, and meeting management.
This session wraps up the course and gives students and chance to ponder what they have learned and an encouragement to sift to the heart of what they’ve learned.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.