Delegation: The Art of Delegating Effectively
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
Effective delegation is one of the most valuable skills you can master. It reduces your workload and develops employee skills. Delegating prepares employees who work for you to be able to handle your responsibilities and simultaneously allows you to advance to other career opportunities within your organization.
Delegation is often one of the hardest skills for a manager to master. However, the skill can be learned. This one-day workshop will explore many of the facets of delegation, including when to delegate and whom to delegate to. We will also go through the delegation process step by step and learn about techniques to overcome problems.
This one-day workshop will teach participants how to:
- Clearly identify how delegation fits into their job and how it can make them more successful
- Identify different ways of delegating tasks
- Use an eight-step process for effective delegation
- Give better instructions for better delegation results
- Recognize common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Monitor delegation results
- Give effective feedback
To begin, participants will explore the advantages and disadvantages of delegation in small groups. They will also complete a self-assessment on delegation.
What is Delegation?
Next, participants will learn about the four basic steps to delegation and the different levels of delegation. They will also learn some guidelines for success and what lateral delegation means.
As a pre-assignment, participants were asked to complete a case study. During this session, you will discuss the answers.
Picking the Right Person
This session will give participants four tools to help them determine who to choose for what task.
The Delegation Meeting
Next, participants will learn about an eight-step process that they can follow to ensure they cover all the bases when delegating.
Putting it into Practice
In this session, participants will complete a case study and a role play to apply what they have learned so far.
Participants will learn some ways to give good instructions. Then, they will practice giving and receiving instructions through a group activity.
Next, participants will explore five ways of monitoring delegation.
During this session, participants will work in small groups to complete a five-part case study to give them hands-on practice with the skills learned so far today.
This session will give participants some tips on giving feedback. Then, participants will work on several different case studies to apply these tips.
Becoming a Good Delegator
To wrap up the day, participants will explore the characteristics of a good delegator.