Developing a Safety Procedures Manual
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
Safety procedures are the backbone of an organization’s Safety Management System. They provide consistency and when followed create a safe working environment and greater productivity due to less injury down time. However, safety procedure writing is more difficult and time consuming than it at first appears. This one-day course will give you the foundation to start writing effective safety procedures.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants:
- Develop a Safety Procedure Template
- Develop a flowchart to accurately depict process activities
- Use brainstorming to gather necessary information for safety procedure creation
- Understand a variety of procedure types (Step-by-Step, Playscript, Decision Tree, Decision Tables)
- Write and revise Step-by-Step safety procedures
- Add communication elements to safety procedures
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Setting the Stage
Procedures are the set of steps followed in order to fulfill the policies in a safe manner. This session discusses minimum required safety procedures.
Safety Procedures Basics
Good safety procedures teach employees what they require to be safe in their jobs. This session teaches students guiding principles for writing effective safety procedures and examines a variety of procedures to help in drafting procedure templates.
This session focuses on flowcharts and here your students will learn how to construct flowcharts.
It is crucial to have the correct and proper information regarding a process. This session looks at how brainstorming is a good tool for gathering the needed information.
For written procedures to be successful they must be easily understood. This session looks at ways to keep written procedures clear, concise, complete, and correct.
Honing the Draft Procedure
This session discusses aids to communication within a procedure.
Some Other Methods
Different procedure types are available for creating workplace safety procedures and those models and introduced and discussed in this session.
This session lets students write a safety procedure to have a template that they can bring back to their workplace and apply.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.