GDRP Readiness: Getting The Message Out
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
An important aspect of privacy compliance is communication, both internally and externally. Employees need to know that privacy-related policies and procedures exist in your organization, and they need to be instructed on their use. Customers also need to be informed about a company’s privacy practices, and be given the chance to ask questions. Good communication is essential for maintaining company transparency and is an important aspect of compliancy with data privacy laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation. While having written policies and procedures is the best starting place, getting the message out about privacy is a critical subsequent step in the process.
After you complete this Accounting Skills course, you will be able to:
- Identify methods to communicate privacy-related content internally to your team
- Develop an internal training program
- Promote a positive privacy culture in your organization
- Develop methods to enforce internal privacy practices
- Properly notify clients regarding policy changes
- Develop your own cookie disclaimer banner for your website
- Modify your online web forms for better compliancy
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Spreading the Word Internally
In this session, students will learn about different methods of good internal communication. Effective internal communication is essential for informing employees of policies and procedures relevant to their work. Without good communication, even the best policies cannot be implemented.
Next, they will learn about the two recommended types of privacy training as well as some training methods. Good, in-depth training is the best way to educate a group of employees about privacy practices. With this training, you can ensure that everyone receives the same information, and that questions or concerns are addressed appropriately.
Promoting a Positive Privacy Culture
Then, students will learn about ways to promote a good privacy culture in their organization. Having a positive privacy culture in your organization will help encourage employees to always use good privacy practices.
Monitoring Your Privacy System
An organization needs to have an effective system to monitor their privacy procedures in order to ensure that all employees are following the rules, and to address any malpractices or concerns. In this session, students will learn about monitoring their privacy system using an internal audit.
Web Design – Cookie Banner
Web Design – Forms
Online forms that are filled out by customers are a common way for organizations to provide services and collect information. In this lesson, students will learn how to design a privacy-compliant online form for their website.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.