Getting Your Job Search Started
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
While looking for work can be an exciting time, it can also involve fear and discomfort about change and the unknown. Whether you are already in the midst of a job search or just thinking about it, this workshop will help you to determine what your skill set is made up of, the kind of work that is important and realistic to include in your search, and how to get started.
Today’s job market is not the same as it was even five years ago. Knowing where to go, who to talk to, and the opportunities that are available will help to shift you from someone who dreams about having a job, to someone who has the job they always wanted.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Describe their skills, values, and beliefs about work and looking for opportunities.
- Demonstrate an understanding for the types of work available and where to go for more information.
- Recognize the differences and benefits available through career coaches, counselors, and mentors.
- Apply different approaches to job searching, such as networking and tapping into the hidden job market.
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Change and Transitions
To begin, participants will learn about the change cycle in the context of searching for a job.
The Important Stuff
This session will give participants a chance to identify their core values and how those values affect their job search.
Skill and Ability
Next, participants will identify their key skills.
Vocation and Strategy
During this session, participants will evaluate their job satisfaction. They will also learn about the importance of living your purpose, and how to know when you’re doing what you were meant to do.
This session will give participants some tips on additional resources to check out after the workshop, including the NOC and different types of career development professionals.
The Job Market
Did you know only about 10% to 20% of jobs in the United States and Canada are actually advertised? This session will give participants some ways to tap into the hidden job market.
Invite Your Network
During this session, participants will build a networking plan.
Ready, Set, Goal!
Next, participants will set some goals with SPIRIT to get their job search started.
Thinking Unconventionally to Get What You Want
In order to do the work that we love, we have to also consider the environment we live in, the realities of the job market, and the things we want to do most. This session will look at those factors and how participants can use them to their advantage.
Getting Things Moving
To wrap up the day, participants will identify their next steps in getting their job search started.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.