Influence and Persuasion
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
When we talk about influence and persuasion, we often talk about marketing and sales. However, we influence in many ways and with great frequency. If you want a raise, sometimes you need to persuade your boss. If you want to convince your team to adopt a change, help your staff make choices, or choose the best place for lunch, there is often influencing taking place. This workshop will help participants learn how to influence and persuade in a variety of areas.
This one-day workshop will help participants learn how to:
- Make decisions about using persuasion versus manipulation
- Apply the concepts of pushing and pulling when influencing others
- Use different techniques for getting persuasive conversations and presentations underway
- Make a persuasive presentation by using the 5 S’s
- Apply storytelling techniques to extend influence
- Leverage concepts of neuro linguistic programming in everyday influence and persuasion
To begin, participants will explore the differences between persuasion, influence, and manipulation. They will also review the answers to the pre-assignment.
Preparing to Persuade
Next, participants will learn how to customize their approach to persuasion. Topics include pushing versus pulling, communicating with confidence, planning the conversation, and suspending their frame of reference.
Getting Off on the Right Foot
In this session, students will learn about some techniques (such as building rapport, matching, mirroring, pacing, and leading) that can help them speak persuasively.
This session will give participants a framework for building a persuasive presentation of any length. They will also get some hands-on practice in speaking persuasively.
Using Stories to Persuade
This session will give participants some ways to make the most of humanity’s social nature and love for stories. They will also have an opportunity to practice storytelling.
Using Neuro Linguistic Programming
The final portion of this course will introduce students to the art of neuro linguistic programming. They will also have an opportunity to explore how it can benefit their influencing toolkit.