Leadership Skills for Supervisors: Communication, Coaching, and Conflict
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
Supervisors represent an important force in the economy. You have the power to turn on or turn off the productivity of the people who report to you. You are the crucial interface between the employee on the shop floor or the service desk and the managers of the organization. Although you usually have more technical experience than the employees you supervise, you may not have had a lot of leadership experience. This one-day course will give you the skills in communication, coaching, and conflict that you need to be successful.
This one-day workshop will teach participants how to:
- Learn ways to prioritize, plan, and manage your time.
- Identify your primary leadership style.
- Develop some flexibility to use other leadership styles.
- Determine ways you can meet the needs of employees and co-workers through communication and coaching.
- Explore ways to make conflict a powerful force for creative, well-rounded solutions to problems.
To begin the course, participants will review their pre-assignment, which asked them to consider where they currently are as a leader and where they want to go.
What’s Your Type? How About Mine?
In this session, participants will complete a self-assessment to help them identify their leadership style.
This session will explore several different leadership models, including Situational Leadership II® and servant leadership. Onboarding, orientation, and performance management will also be covered.
Managing Your Time and Your Energy
In this session, participants will learn how to get organized, set goals, and manage their time.
The Commitment Curve
Next, participants will learn about the commitment curve and how to use it to build employee engagement.
Employee Development Models
This session will give participants a model for effective coaching. “You” and “I” messages will also be discussed, along with the consequences and benefits matrix.
Dealing with Conflict and Difficult Issues
In this session, participants will learn seven techniques for resolving conflict.
What Successful Leaders Do
The course will wrap up with a look at practices of successful leaders and organizations.