Managing The Virtual Workplace
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
Virtual workers and virtual teams are an essential part of today’s workforce. More than ever, people are using technology to work anywhere, anytime.
There are big benefits to today’s virtual workplace, but there can be big challenges, too. This one-day course will teach managers and supervisors how to prepare employees for the virtual workplace, create telework programs, build virtual teams, leverage technology, and overcome cultural barriers.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Create a virtual workplace strategy
- Develop, implement, and maintain telecommuting programs
- Build a virtual team and lead them to success
- Plan and lead virtual meetings
- Use technology to support a virtual workplace
- Overcome cultural barriers when leading virtual teams
- Develop their virtual leadership skills
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Defining the Virtual Workplace
To begin the course, participants will learn some terms related to the virtual workplace. Participants will also explore some advantages and disadvantages that the virtual workplace can have.
Creating Virtual Workplace Programs
This session will provide a list of elements to include in a virtual workplace strategy. Setting employees up for telework and tips for managing performance will also be covered.
Technology Tips and Tricks
Next, participants will consider what tools they can incorporate into their virtual workplace program.
Building Virtual Teams
In this session, participants will learn about Tuckman and Jensen’s five stages of team development and how they apply to virtual teams. They will also learn how to choose a virtual team and ways to ensure its success.
Leading Virtual Team Meetings
This session will give participants some guidelines for scheduling and conducting team meetings. They will also have an opportunity to practice a virtual team meeting.
Working with Cross-Cultural Teams
Next, participants will learn how to overcome cultural barriers in virtual teams.
Virtual Leadership Strategies
To wrap up the course, participants will share their favorite virtual leadership techniques. We will also share some ideas of our own.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.