Negotiating For Results
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
Negotiating is about resolving differences. People who can master the process of negotiation find they can save time and money, develop a higher degree of satisfaction with outcomes at home and at work, and earn greater respect in their communities when they understand how to negotiate well.
Negotiating is a fundamental fact of life. Whether you are working on a project or fulfilling support duties, this workshop will provide you with a basic comfort level to negotiate in any situation. This interactive workshop includes techniques to promote effective communication and gives you techniques for turning face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
This two-day workshop will help teach participants:
- How often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills.
- The importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
- The various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
- Skills in developing alternatives and recognizing options.
- Basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA.
What is Negotiation?
To begin, participants will explore the different types of negotiation (including positional bargaining) and the phases of negotiation.
The Successful Negotiator
Next, participants will explore key attributes of a successful negotiator.
Preparing for Negotiation
During this session, participants will learn the elements of preparing for negotiation: identifying your fears and hot buttons; doing research into your issues and the opponent’s issues; and preparing your WAP, BATNA, WATNA, and ZOPA.
The Nuts and Bolts
This session will give participants some tips on preparing their documentation and choosing a place for the negotiation.
Making the Right Impression
Next, participants will learn the importance of self-presentation during the negotiation, including small talk, attire, first impressions, and their handshake.
Getting Off to a Good Start
During this session, participants will explore how to establish common ground and how to use ground rules.
This session will look at how to exchange information and what to do if the negotiation gets off to a bad start.
The Bargaining Stage
Participants will learn six techniques for negotiating success. They will also have an opportunity to practice and observe these techniques through a role play.
Reaching Mutual Gain
Next, participants will learn about four obstacles to mutual gain and how to turn them into negotiation advantages.
Moving Beyond No
This session will look at ways to get past no and how to break an impasse, so that you can get to “yes.”
Dealing with Negative Emotions
During this session, participants will explore some ways to deal with negative behaviors during a negotiation.
Moving from Bargaining to Closing
Next, participants will learn how to tell when it’s time to move from the bargaining phase to the closing phase.
This session will discuss ways to build win-win solutions, achieve a sustainable agreement, and reach consensus.