Networking For Success
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
Business networking is an effective and efficient way for business people to connect, develop meaningful relationships, and grow their businesses. These achievements don’t come through a direct sales approach, however. They come from being interested in helping others, in listening, and in purposefully meeting and introducing people to one another. In this two-day course, participants will learn the essential ingredients for business networking, including in-person, people-centered connections and online spaces such as LinkedIn.
This two-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Introduce themselves in a meaningful, memorable way, even if they have never worked on an elevator pitch before
- Be goal focused about networking so that they can make the most of events that they attend
- Apply the concept of give first and be helpful as part of a system of reciprocity
- Use strategy and systems in order to network effectively
- Leverage the availability and usefulness of the Internet, including LinkedIn and Twitter
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Assessing Your Networking Skills
To begin, participants will consider what networking is all about and evaluate how committed they are to networking.
Identifying Opportunities and Customizing Your Approach
In this session, participants will explore some ways to differentiate themselves from the competition and contribute to a networking group.
Creating a Positive First Impression
This session will share ways for participants to leverage body language, business card etiquette, and name recall to make a positive first impression. Participants will also learn the CONDUIT acronym.
Your Memorable Intro
During this session, participants will develop an introduction that concisely and accurately outlines what they have to offer.
Starting the Conversation
In this session, participants will learn how to start, manage, and exit a conversation.
To start Day Two of the course, participants will learn about the five factors of a good handshake and practice their skills.
Next, participants will learn how to accept and distribute business cards. QR codes will also be covered.
Handling Tough Situations
This session will share ways to handle awkward situations. Participants will also consider the characteristics of introverts and extroverts.
In this session, participants will learn some techniques for following up with networking contacts.
Organizing Your Network
Then, participants will learn how to manage contacts. Key skills for networking will also be discussed.
Leveraging the Internet
In this day and age, not all networking will take place in person. This session will share ways to use LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and other social networking tools to build a digital network.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.