Telemarketing: Using the Telephone as a Sales Tool
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
Virtually everybody in sales today sells over the phone at least part of the time. Perhaps it is time for you to evaluate how you use the telephone and where it fits into your sales and marketing mix.
This one-day workshop will show you how the telephone can supplement, enhance, and sometimes replace other means of marketing and selling, and how this personal approach can dramatically increase your sales success. We will also talk about how to hone your communication skills, your ability to persuade, and techniques to personalize each sales call.
Specific learning objectives include developing the ability to:
- Build trust and respect with customers and colleagues.
- Warm up your sales approach to improve success with cold calling.
- Identify ways to make a positive impression.
- Identify negotiation strategies that will make you a stronger seller.
- Create a script to maximize your efficiency on the phone.
- Learn what to say and what to ask to create interest, handle objections, and close the sale.
To start the day, participants will discuss the answers to their pre-assignment.
This session will explore the components of a good sales voice and how participants can sound their best on the telephone. Participants will also think about what customers hear when they place a phone call to their organization, and how they can create a service image.
To Serve and Delight
In this session, participants will look at other facets of language and how we can be better salespeople by choosing positive language.
Exceptional Things about Selling by Phone
This session will help participants put a different spin on selling by phone. Topics will include maintaining a positive outlook, building rapport, and remembering names.
Next, participants will discuss ways to build trust and respect.
It’s More Than Just a Phase
A good understanding of the phases of negotiation is a great asset to a sales professional. This session will explore the phases of negotiation and introduce participants to some of the most common types of negotiation.
During this session, participants will work on their listening and questioning skills.
Developing Your Script
Now that participants have some fundamental tools, they will develop a script that can be used for any sales call.
We do not believe in a canned call, but we do believe in a planned call. This session will highlight the important steps in call planning.
Phone Tag and Call Backs
Next, participants will discuss some ways to make the most of voice mail.
During this session, participants will identify ways to avoid missed opportunities by tracking their calls and following up.
Closing the Sale
This final session will give participants some ways to ask for and close the sale.