Mastering The Interview
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
The interview is one of the key elements of the job search process. As with any skill, we can get better at it with preparation and practice. In this workshop, participants will explore how to prepare for an interview and become familiar with the types of questions to expect, as well as the questions they should think about asking. They will learn how to prepare for second interviews, testing, and shadowing, as well as how to follow up on their interview sessions.
This one-day workshop will teach participants how to:
- Understand the different types of interview questions and how to prepare to answer them.
- Apply the most effective ways to prepare for an interview, including how to present themselves professionally.
- Express themselves effectively.
- Know how to ask for feedback following an interview.
Understanding the Interview
To begin, participants will explore different types of interviews and what to expect from each.
Types of Questions
This session will give participants tips on how to handle two main types of questions: behavioral and knowledge.
This session will give participants a few additional strategies to help them ace interviews.
Live and in Person
Next, participants will take part in mock interviews.
Following up the Interview
During this session, participants will explore some ways to relax before, after, and during an interview.
Common Problems and Solutions
This session will explore some common interview problems, including illegal questions and special requests.
The first interview is simply the first meeting that a job seeker has with an employer. This session will look at the additional meetings and auditioning that may follow.
Practice Makes Perfect
This session will give participants another chance at mock interviews.
Sealing the Deal
Next, participants will get some tips on managing job offers.
Getting What You’re Worth
To wrap up the day, participants will learn how to negotiate to receive what they are worth.