This two-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Describe what a supply chain is
- Describe their procurement department’s role within the organization
- Understand the principles of the purchasing cycle
- Apply the steps needed for managing a competitive bid process, from the request for proposals or qualifications through to negotiating the contract
- Identify what it takes to set up a competitive bid for a contract
- Defend their position on why a particular supplier should be selected based on an evaluation strategy
- Be responsible for managing supplier performance, including controlling quality and setting and monitoring standards
- Apply the tools of the procurement trade, from PC-based applications to cloud-based solutions
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Supply Chain Management Basics
The complexities of supply chain management are constantly evolving and they are discussed, along with related terms, in this session.
The Purchasing Cycle
This session covers topics related to the purchasing cycle such as how to introduce predictability, processes, and structure.
Stock your students’ toolkits in this session with the items they need to make their way through purchasing. They will learn about essentials such as how to calculate costs and pricing, supplier evaluation methods, negotiation techniques, and interview skills.
Managing Competitive Bids
Getting the best bid for their purchasing requirements is vital for your students. Give them a boost with this session, which looks at using requests for qualifications and proposals. Contract development and ethics also get a thorough consideration here as well.
Improving Efficiency and Accuracy
Help your students find suppliers that are as dedicated to efficiency and fiscal responsibility as they are with the skills covered in this session. Here, they will learn the basics of managing supplier performance, controlling quality, and setting delivery standards.
Analyzing and Reducing Risk in the Supply Chain
This session will help students get comfortable talking about calculated risks and making good decisions in the purchasing process. Agile procurement is covered as well.
Managing Internal Relationships
Procurement should be looked at as an integral part of any business. That concept is looked at here with a discussion of procurement’s role in an organization, and how cross-functional teams can assist in getting the desired results.
Tools of the Trade
Errors, waste, and unnecessary repetition can all be eliminated from the procurement system with the effective implementation of digital tools. In this session, your students are introduced to the helpful tools and e-commerce techniques. They will also learn and how to evaluate their departments for successful efficiency.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.