Risk management has long been a key part of project management and it has also become an increasingly important part of organizational best practices. Corporations have realized that used effectively it can not only reduce the negative impact of crises; it can provide real benefits and cost savings.
The framework provided in this course is flexible enough for any organization. You can apply it to a single project, a department, or use it as a basis for an enterprise-wide risk management program.
After you complete this Risk Management course, you will be able to:
- Define risk and risk management
- Describe the COSO ERM cube and ISO 31000
- Establish a risk management context
- Describe the 7 R’s and 4 T’s that form the framework of risk management activities
- Design and complete a basic risk assessment
- Determine the appropriate response to risks and create a plan for those responses
- Describe the key components of reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of a risk management program