Advanced Writing Skills
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
This is a one-day advanced writing skills workshop for those who already are good writers. Our time will be devoted to writing letters of recommendation, of persuasion, of refusal, or of action, that reflect current word usage and up-to-date formats. You can also learn some basics about writing business cases, proposals, and reports.
This one-day advanced writing skills workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Make their writing clear, complete, concise, and correct.
- Improve sentence construction and paragraph development.
- Deal with specific business requests.
- Create effective business cases, proposals, and reports.
- Thoroughly document sources that they use in their writing.
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
The C’s of Writing
All writing should be clear, concise, complete, and correct. We will look at each of these elements in detail during this session.
In this session, participants will take a close look at the proper length of paragraphs, what a paragraph should contain, and how to order paragraphs.
Dealing with Specific Requests
Often people are asked to respond to a request for information or to write a particular letter (of recommendation, for example). We’ll discuss some tips to keep in mind when writing one of these particular documents. Participants will also get some hands-on practice with writing letters of request.
Preparing Business Documents
Another common task is to write a business case, request for proposal, or a formal report. Where would you start? We will provide some guidelines that will help with these tasks.
To conclude the workshop, participants will apply what they have learned to their own writing.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.