Six Sigma: Entering the Dojo
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
Six Sigma is a set of qualitative and quantitative quality tools that can help a business improve their processes. The efficiency built into the business processes brings about improved profits, confidence and quality. Ultimately this effort is there to ensure customer satisfaction.
The term Six Sigma comes from statistics to indicate that the process outputs fall within three standard deviations from the center (expected value) giving a range of six standard deviations (or 6 sigma- 6 σ). As a result in terms of individual outputs it means you would have 3.4 defects per million items.
This course is designed to introduce students to basic concepts of Six Sigma particularly in continuous process improvement. Various quality tools used in process improvements will be explored as well as the importance of customer relationships. Courses in Lean, quality and teams will provide knowledge on the other aspects of how Six Sigma works. It is a predecessor to studies in Six Sigma Yellow, Green and Black Belt.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants:
- Understand the Basics of Six Sigma.
- Describe the seven quality tools to solve process problems.
- Describe the various quality management tools.
- Describe incremental and breakthrough improvements and understand the methodologies of continuous improvement projects.
- Describe the importance of customer relationships in a quality organization.
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Six Sigma Basics
This session delves into first things first as your students will get an introduction to what Six Sigma is and then take a look at the frameworks used for Six Sigma projects.
Here, your students will get a look at seven tools that are used in data collection and interpretation for decision making in Six Sigma.
Management Tools for Generating Ideas
This session discusses tools that can be used for the generation of ideas, which are vital to the Six Sigma process. Also included are consensus building tools.
In this session, your students will learn how to carry out a Six Sigma continuous improvement project.
Without customers any business will fail, therefore you need to have solid well-maintained relationships with your customers. This session will look at customer satisfaction and all your students to develop a customer satisfaction questionnaire.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.