- Learn ways to prioritize, plan, and manage your time.
- Identify your primary leadership style.
- Develop some flexibility to use other leadership styles.
- Determine ways you can meet the needs of employees and co-workers through communication and coaching.
- Explore ways to make conflict a powerful force for creative, well-rounded solutions to problems.
To begin the course, participants will review their pre-assignment, which asked them to consider where they currently are as a leader and where they want to go.
What’s Your Type? How About Mine?
In this session, participants will complete a self-assessment to help them identify their leadership style.
This session will explore several different leadership models, including Situational Leadership II® and servant leadership. Onboarding, orientation, and performance management will also be covered.
Managing Your Time and Your Energy
In this session, participants will learn how to get organized, set goals, and manage their time.
The Commitment Curve
Next, participants will learn about the commitment curve and how to use it to build employee engagement.
Employee Development Models
This session will give participants a model for effective coaching. “You” and “I” messages will also be discussed, along with the consequences and benefits matrix.
Dealing with Conflict and Difficult Issues
In this session, participants will learn seven techniques for resolving conflict.
What Successful Leaders Do
The course will wrap up with a look at practices of successful leaders and organizations.