Business Process Management
Learn what Mainstream Corporate Training has to offer!
THE MAINSTREAM ADVANTAGE
- Pre-Training Discovery Call
- An experienced trainer
- Participant manuals
- Accelerated adult learning techniques
- One-on-One participant engagement
- Personalized Certificates of Completion
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SESSION
- Tailored, objective-focused content
- Company relevant activities & Case Studies
- Multiple program topic combinations
- Creation of a training series
- Change in length of program session
Find the training format that best suits your needs!
Business process management helps organizations leverage processes to achieve their goals and be successful. Once processes are implemented, they must be monitored, evaluated, and optimized to make sure they are still meeting the goals that they were designed to accomplish. A business that can successfully manage its processes is able to maintain a competitive edge, while increasing productivity and efficiency and decreasing costs.
This course will introduce participants to business process management. Students will learn how business processes can help improve their company’s bottom line by providing a higher level of quality and consistency for customers.
This two-day workshop will teach participants how to:
- Define business process management and related concepts
- Recognize the vital role processes play in a business
- Appreciate the role of technology in process management
- Develop a vision to guide process improvement
- Understand how to design or enhance an existing process using the business process life cycle
- Construct a process map
- Perform what-if analysis
- Implement and monitor process changes
- Identify how Lean and Six Sigma methods can assist in managing and improving processes
- Use a variety of tools and techniques to eliminate waste and redundancies
The Fundamentals of Business Process Management
To begin, participants will learn about three concepts that are closely tied to business process management: business analysis, enterprise content management, and business process re-engineering.
Defining Business Process Management
Next, participants will learn what business process management is, where it originated from, and what some of the benefits are.
Reflecting on Processes
In this session, participants will review their pre-assignment. The Business Process Life Cycle.
This session will introduce the business process life cycle, which will form the basis for the rest of the course.
The Vision Phase
The first phase of the business process life cycle is Vision. This session will cover ways to create and share a vision, and why it is important for process improvement.
The Design Phase
The second phase of the business process life cycle is Design. This session will explore how to gather information, define a problem, model as-is and to-be processes, and establish functions.
The Modeling Phase
The third phase of the business process life cycle is Modeling. In this session, participants will learn how to review and analyze process maps and use iterative testing.
The Execution Phase
The fourth phase of the business process life cycle is Execution. This session will take participants through all aspects of the Execution phase, including implementation, automation, business rules, and workflow engines.
The Monitoring Phase
The fifth phase of the business process life cycle is Monitoring. This session will share ways to monitor processes, including the balanced scorecard, business activity monitoring, and process mining.
The Optimizing Phase
The final phase of the business process life cycle is Optimizing. This session will cover ways to optimize processes, including the business process improvement cycle, Lean methodology, and Six Sigma theory.